The Quest University Alumni Association was founded in 2017 when a group of alumni recognized the need to establish an alumni-oriented community independent of Quest. Our mission is to:
- Support a thriving, global network across our QUCAA membership
- Promote a community culture of curiosity, life-long learning and engagement
- Provide resources and support to meet the needs of Quest alumni and Quest University in our world today and current faculty
2020 has been a trip, and we've used this year to quietly work in the background and strengthen our organisation. Below are some of the most recent projects we've been working on.
- Recruiting 7 new Board Members with representation from
- Developing new Mission, Vision, and Values statements (coming soon for general membership review)
- Creating a 2021 Budget and Financial Forecast
- Establishing a working relationship with Primacorp
- Establishing a new working relationship with Quest
- Planning events for 2021
Our primary limitation to providing services is financial – we’re currently covering our operational costs out-of-pocket. For 2021, we have a team dedicated to applying to grants, working on financial partnerships, and fundraising to support bigger, better projects – like the ones below!
- A secure, members-only alumni database with information about your peers’ location, careers, and professional affiliations
- Career workshops including resume and cover letter writing, interview skills, and Q&As
- Regular lectures from previous and current faculty
- Building a mentorship program between alumni and current students
- A community job database
- Grants to support alumni initiatives, including but not limited to research, filmmaking, art, service, and community projects
- Need-based scholarships for incoming students
- Learning retreats & social trips
- An annual Alumni Weekend
In 2020, we restructured our team to include executive leadership, and we added an additional 7 members.
Since the alumni association was founded, Quest University has had 3 presidents, several lawsuits, and a long CCAA process culminating in the recently signed deal with Primacorp. We are infinitely grateful to the team of alum who started and carried this association through the last three years – specifically Brad Klees, Becca Dickenson, Colin Wilt, Easton Smith, Barbara Fernandes, and Eva Schipper.
While we are working behind-the-scenes to make these things happen, we're always available to chat. You can reach us at email@example.com