The Quest University Alumni Association was founded in 2017 when a group of alumni recognized the need to establish an alumni-focused organisation independent of Quest. Our mission is to:
- Support a thriving, global network across our members
- Promote a community culture of curiosity, life-long learning, and engagement
- Provide resources and support to meet the needs of Quest alumni and Quest University in our world today
If 2020 was a wild trip, 2021 has been dedicated to recovery and strengthening. We have learnt to grow and connect as a community in a different context. Here are some of the most prevalent projects and events of the last year:
- Saying farewell to 4 board members, and seeing others take up new responsibilities.
- Hosting our first in-person event in over 2 years during grad weekend, and planning more soon.
- Establishing the very first Alumni Scholarship dedicated to support Quest students with their ambitious keystone projects.
- Creating as many opportunities as possible for alumni to connect from across the globe through varied online events.
- A full-fledged fundraising campaign for supporting our current and future activities (see Donate page for more details).
- Signing an MOU with Quest University as the foundation of a mutually beneficial and deeply collaborative relationship
- Representing alumni perspectives in various fora and committees
Our primary limitation to providing services is financial – we’re currently covering our operational costs out-of-pocket. For 2021, we have a team dedicated to applying to grants, working on financial partnerships, and fundraising to support bigger, better projects – like the ones below!
- A secure, members-only alumni database with information about your peers’ location, careers, and professional affiliations
- Career workshops including resume and cover letter writing, interview skills, and Q&As
- Regular lectures from previous and current faculty
- Building a mentorship program between alumni and current students
- A community job database
- Grants to support alumni initiatives, including but not limited to research, filmmaking, art, service, and community projects
- Need-based scholarships for incoming students
- Learning retreats & social trips
- An annual Alumni Weekend
Our board of directors is composed of volunteer alumni from 5 cohorts and 6 time zones, with professional/educational backgrounds as diverse as film production, banking, psychology, education, community organising, business, and law.
Since the alumni association was founded, many individual alumni have given their time, their energy, their expertise, end more, to help it grow and thrive. We are infinitely grateful those who started and carried this association through the last four years – particularly Brad Klees, Becca Dickinson, Colin Wilt, Easton Smith, Barbara Fernandes, and Eva Schipper.
While we work at it, we're always available to chat.
You can reach us at email@example.com